1/2 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
2-3 over-ripe bananas
2 c. all-purpose flour
A pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 c. nuts (optional)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350º
1) Mix the butter and sugar together.
2) In a separate bowl, mash up all the bananas with a fork until they are a juicy pulp (I like my bread chunky so I don't mash every bit).
3) Mix in the bananas and eggs into the butter and sugar, then add the dry ingredients I split the flour into 2 parts and mix between parts (one cup at a time).
4) Add nuts if you wish, then split dough between two small greased and floured bread pans, or one big one.
5) Sprinkle sugar over the top of the dough in the pans. Bake for about an hour (if you're using two small pans…longer if one big one).
Scroll down for pictures!